Alon Ben-Meir, Ph.D.
Ph.D. in International Relations at Oxford University, United Kingdom
Master’s Degree in Philosophy at Oxford University, United Kingdom
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism at Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Negotiator: Track II Diplomacy (1945-present)
- Directly involved in various negotiations aimed at achieving greater peace and prosperity in the Middle East and operates as a liaison between top Middle Eastern and European officials.
- Host and Organizer: Global Leaders: Conversations with Alon Ben-Meir (2006-present)
- Organizes and hosts events that brings distinguished heads of state, ambassadors, policy makers and influential world leaders to discuss critical issues facing the international community.
- Lecturer: International Visitor Leadership Program (2007-present)
- Lectures for the United States Department of State’s professional exchange program that seeks to improve U.S. foreign relations through short-term visits to the U.S. for current and emerging foreign leaders.
- Senior Fellow and Professor: New York University SCPS, Center for Global Affairs (1989-present)
- Teaches courses in international relations focusing on conflict resolution, international negotiations, and Middle Eastern studies.
- Professor: New School University (1990-2007)
- Taught courses in conflict resolution, emerging and global powers, international negotiations, international relations, and Middle Eastern studies.
- Guest Lecturer and Presenter: Various positions (1986-present)
- Lectures at numerous universities such as Columbia, Princeton, Harvard, and Brown and delivered a number of conference presentations for universities, governments, museums and non-profit organizations, including Chatham House and the Royal United Service Institute, UK
- Promoted the involvement of Turkey in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict by establishing a comprehensive ceasefire
- Attempted to bridge the gap between the Palestinian Authority, under Yassir Arafat, and the Sharon government
- Provided the rationale for the resumption of the negotiations between Israel and Syria.
- Provided the argument to persuade the Arab League to pressure the Palestinians to accept the Arab Peace Initiative (API) in their meeting in 2006 Khartoum, Sudan.
- Presented a position paper to Israeli officials arguing in favor of accepting the readoption of the Arab Peace Initiative
Fluent in Arabic, Hebrew and English
Travels extensively throughout Africa, the Middle East, and Europe. Recent travels include: Israel, West Bank/Gaza, Syria, Jordan, Egypt, Morocco, Turkey, Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Malta, United Kingdom, and France.